Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Shes a Weirdo - Part 4


“Hey Ms Einstein what’s up with you are following me?” Sid said pointing at her as she was walking towards him. “Excuse me, I am here to browse my section of books, why would I follow you?” saying that she passed by him directly to her books section. “That was a bad line” Sid told himself. Thinking how to start the conversation with this weirdo, he headed towards her. She turned back and asked him “Now who’s following whom?” Sid got muffled with her answer thinking about the answer he started “Well, I was asking about how your submission was?” suddenly her face enlightened and there seemed to be a glow on her face. "It was good, mam was happy!" she said all excited. Even before he could say anything there came one of her class mate "there you are, we thought you got lost somewhere, chal everyone is waiting." she grabbed her hand dragged her to their table in the library. Sid just stood there yet again cursing himself for missing one more opportunity to ask her name. He just turned around to see if she was even looking at him. Sheer disappointment she was already lost in her Biotech studies. 

What a nerd yaar, yeh kaisi ladki hai? She only talks to me if I talk about studies! Bhagwaan why did you made such weirdo's! Sid was thinking while glimpsing at her table which reflected on the glass of the cabinet he was facing, His cell phone beeped.... before he could read it Ms Dave shouted from her Seat "Cell Phones on Silent, Else I will take them in my custody". "Yeah! Right, try doing that!" Sid murmured to himself. It was Lijo, "Dude cum 2 kata fast, hav 2 share a brkng news wid u". Keeping the book back in the rack Sid headed to the Katta. "Anna 1 Milds aur 1 cutting chai pani kam - ab bol" said Sid pulling the broken plastic chair which had no back rest and armrest. Lijo was drinking water from the water jugs kept around the place he gargled and spat on the road. "eew! Abe sale yeh kya kar raha hai... have you forgotten all your American Manners!" Lijo smiled and said, "Dude I just saw couple of people doing this, and found it cool in States I could have never dared to do something like this, but here I feel more like an Indian!" Chotu served two cutting chai's on the table while Lijo came and pulled a chair in front of Sid. "Ho gaya tera Indo American Philosophy? But trust me if any girl from campus sees you doing this Chindigiri you will mess up your chances of dating any." Lijo's  felt as if some one had hit him hard on his balls. "Okay! Won't repeat it ever again, I messaged you to tell the inside news the Freshers Party will be held in couple of days, the theme is PROM night." Lijo said smiling sheepishly. "Must be your Idea, PROM nights are only seen in Hollywood movies, in India people are not cool enough to find a partner, besides the girl boy ratio is always an issue." Sid said inhaling his Milds. "Exactly, so we're are setting a new trend, besides all this there are plenty of girls in the Bio tech class to balance it out, take my advice start hunting for a partner right away!"

Before Lijo could finish off his chai, Sid got up and started walking to campus,"Hey where are you going?" Lijo asked unable to understand what happened to Sid suddenly. "Going after my prey, pay Anna on my end, will you?" saying this Sid threw his remaining Milds and popped out some Tic Tac in his mouth. While Lijo ordered another Chai. Before Sid could enter the campus gate he saw her exiting the campus and walking out on the road. "Hey, there you are!" shouted Sid from a distance, she turned around, looking little shocked "And, tell me you aren't following me Mr." she said while Sid approached him. "Siddharth, everyone calls me Sid" saying that he extended his hands smiling thinking Wow its finally happening I will get to know her name! She too extended her hands and they had a handshake in the middle of the street right outside the college campus. "I am Roxane" she said smiling just for the sake of it. "Are you a christian ?" Sid asked walking along with her. "Nopes, I am a Parsi." Sid gave a look which meant Oh I see! "Well you are the first Parsi girl I have met in my life." Sid said rather feeling happy. "Certainly there are just few close to a lac in India." she said showing her teeth. "Hmm, so you done with your library session today? Going back home?" Sid asked to plan his journey with her. "Yaar, I am hungry wanna munch some Burger wanna join me at Moginis" she asked him. "Why not!" So they entered the Moginis outlet next to the campus. "Bhaiya ek chicken burger dena, what will you have Siddharth?" she asked him while taking out her wallet from her bag. "I just now told you to call me Sid, why you calling me Siddharth, Sid is so short and sweet!" Sid took the conversation to other extreme. "Well, whatever dude, it takes me time to get used to names!" she said settling on the bar stool in the shop. "That's the reason its a small nick name for maximum recall." Sid said laughing. "Very Funny! Now will you order or are you just going to watch me eating my burger" she said taking her burger from the platform. "Hmm, I will have one Black-forest Pastry" paying him a hundred rupee note he settled down. "Sir Chutta nahi hai!" said the shopkeeper giving back him the note. Sid glanced his wallet there were just two notes of 100. He thought of going to Anna and getting the change but how could he leave Roxane alone that time. "Here" Roxane said giving the change to the Shopkeeper. "Now I owe you this Pastry, so at least I can offer you a bite" said Sid offering her the pastry with a new spoon. She took a bite and enjoyed the taste. "There's a little cream left out there" Sid said pointing his finger near her mouth. She just swirled her tongue around the mouth and licked it. "That was pretty Weird!" Sid said. "What?!!! You want me to wipe it off with a paper napkin, why waste paper!"

Now what will happen next ??? Will Sid ask her for the Party? stay tuned :) post your comments


No comments: